Nov 3, 2009

Shy Tadpole

Profile of the head

The ultrasound was yesterday and Tadpole was very uncooperative, hiding whenever the tech needed to get a scan of the head and neck area. Views of the feet (3cm long!), legs, heart, arms and spine were plentiful though. I had to leave a few times to walk around, eat a cookie, and do various activities to encourage Tadpole to shift position. Eventually we did get enough of a glimpse to complete the scans, but even when we could see the head & face, Tadpole tried mightily to cover up with her hands.

Bottom of the feet, heels touching, toes pointed outwards

** SPOILER ALERT **

For those reading closely, you may have noticed the use of a feminine pronoun there. Turns out Kevin & I were correct, and we're going to have a girl. This exciting tidbit isn't quite a secret, but I'm not planning to broadcast it widely in case some people want to be surprised. So far this blog isn't well-known, or limited to those who might really want all the details about the pregnancy, so it's fairly safe to talk about it here. I predict a lot of frilly pink things coming our way in the future.

We'll know more about the results of the scan next week at our midwife appointment, but what little information we gleaned from the tech, it looks like Tadpole is in the normal range of size and heartbeat.

Torso, head and blurry hand waving

No comments:

Post a Comment