Nov 10, 2009

Fluttering

It's been about a week & a half now that I've been able to feel Tadpole bumping around. I was eagerly waiting to feel the first signs of movement back in week 18, but Tadpole decided it wasn't quite time yet. She wanted to wait 'til week 19-20.

So far the sensation is comparable to those involuntary repetitive muscle twitches you sometimes feel in your thigh or eyelids. As a result, the bumps and thuds are mostly only felt by me internally. Twice now, she's kicked hard enough for Kevin to feel it, which is very exciting for all of us involved.

We had a midwife appointment today, and during the Doppler scan (heartbeat measurement), Tadpole was twisting and turning all over the place. All of that movement was funny to hear over the speaker, but I couldn't feel any of it. The results of last week's ultrasound show that she's in the normal range of size & growth, but is still small for all that. So I'd imagine that as she gets bigger, all those moves are going to become much more discernible. One nice thing about her small size is that I'm not in any danger of gestational diabetes so far.

Things are looking good and we're all feeling healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment