Because I have to get up anyway to commute to work, and because Mandy likes mornings less than I do, I get up with Quinn six out of seven days (yay, Saturday!). Quinn is thankfully like mom, and gets up at the not-so-ungodly time of 7:15ish. She's a fairly reliable alarm clock.
Lately I've taken Sasha with me into Quinn's room when I go to get her, which Quinn finds quite grand. 'Keh-tee!'. She takes great interest in the fact that kitty has a nose, daddy has a nose, and Quinn has a nose, and like to point at each one.
Before the morning diaper change, we like to take a quick view out the window to see what the day is bringing us. Sometimes Quinn likes to watch out for crows or seagulls, and lately she's taken great joy in the patio lights of one of the houses across the alley from us. They're just visible from her window, so there are anxious moments pressing our faces up to the window to see if the patio lights are on or off. When on, Quinn likes to whisper 'on!' and then 'geen', 'bue', and 'ellow'. We're still working on red.
After a clean diaper, Quinn is set to roam around the kitchen and living room while Dad brews a pot of coffee and prepares Quinn's breakfast. Typically, it's a scrambled egg, a slice of raisin toast, a veg, and then a fruit of some sort for dessert. Usually there are two slices of raisin toast: one for 'Dad!' and one for 'inn!' (still working on that 'Qu'). During breakfast, Dad often will see if there are any interesting new videos on thekidshouldseethis.com that Quinn and Dad should watch. We roll Quinn's highchair into the kitchen for her fruit while I prepare Mom & Dad's breakfast - a protein fruit shake.
After cleaning up from breakfast, Quinn choses something to take in to show Mom. Usually a stuffed animal or two, or maybe a toy or a book. Mom usually takes the opportunity to extract a hug from Quinn, but I think Quinn's getting wise to her. Then Dad rushes around to get ready and says goodbye to his two awesome girls and heads off to work. Quinn likes to watch from the window to see Dad getting into the car or onto his bike.
No comments:
Post a Comment