It's been too long since our last post, sorry.
Quinn is 11 weeks old now, or three months old next week if that's how you prefer to count it. At this stage she's supposed to know night from day, and sleep longer at night accordingly. We've been lucky that she figured out to sleep the longest at night very early on, and we've been getting a goodly amount of night sleep as well. The trick now is getting her on a regular nap schedule for the day.
This is a goal for me, so I can plan things like appointments and outings, or even the mundane like household chores. As it sits right now, I respond to Quinn's sleepy cues and try to get her to fall asleep for naps whenever she seems to need them. This is fairly random throughout the day so far so I can't plan by the clock. She generally gets sleepy and/or cranky after being awake for 60-80 minutes. I'm hoping that over the next month she'll stay awake longer, and I can regularize her naps to specific times of the day (ie. morning, afternoon, late afternoon/early evening).
I'm optimistic that she's almost ready for a schedule, since she's been responding to an earlier bedtime (6-7pm) this week. If it keeps up, and she sleeps well through the night, her day naps will be easier. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment